Thank you for your interest in our parish! We have a rich history and are blessed to have experienced some exciting changes over the years. Read on to learn more about how St. Saviour was founded and how we’ve grown since that time.
About St. Saviour
Our parish was founded in November 1945 in Rossmonye, OH by Rev./Father Joseph A. Dauwe as commissioned by Archbishop John T. McNicholas.
In May 1946, 11 acres of farmland were purchased for our new parish site and on April 6, 1947, Father Dauwe presided over our very first Mass on Easter Sunday.
Our first parish festival was held on September 8, 1946, where we raised $6,000. Grand prizes included a black and white TV and a barrel of groceries, both provided by our parishioners.
Over the years, we have seen our parish change and grow to accommodate the needs of our members. A new convent opened adjacent to our school, a new rectory was constructed, spaces were renovated, Our Lady of Fatima grotto and a shrine to the Holy Family were built and a Remembrance Area, including a Book of Life, vigil lights and the names of all our deceased parish members, was dedicated in our church.
As we look to our future, we also continue to make other changes as needed, from partnering with St. John the Evangelist parish to adding more handicap parking spaces and a ramp to being one of the first parishes in the Cincinnati Archdiocese to live stream weekday and weekend services online and on ChurchCast.
About St. Saviour School
In the fall of 1947, our first school opened to 156 students with four Sisters of Charity serving as our teachers. A new school building was dedicated in 1950 to accommodate our growing student population and building additions followed as needed. At our peak, we had almost 1500 students enrolled with 15 Sisters of Charity teachers and 15 lay teachers.
Unfortunately, due to declining enrollment, our school closed in June 2002. However this gave St. Michael an opportunity to lease our space for a year while it remodeled some of its space from July 2002 – 2003.
In August 2003 we entered into a three year lease with Linden Grove School to use their first floor for our Education Center and their second and third floor for our PSR classes, PSR office, parish meeting rooms and storage.
Our Fathers/Parish Leadership
At St. Saviour, we have been blessed to have many wonderful Fathers lead our parish.
- 1945 - 1972: Father Joseph Dauwe
- 1972 - 1985: Father Gerard Evers
- 1985 – 1988: Father Ray Meyer
- 1988 – 2000: Father Robert Goebel
- 2000 – 2010: Father Patrick Crone
- 2010 – 2019: Father Timothy Bunch
- 2019 - Today: Father Matt Feist